Thursday, December 8, 2016

A Girls Guide to: Physical Wellness

As a girl in college finding the time for maintaining our physical wellness is difficult. I in fact have failed at this more often than not. Everyone wants to be the girl who get up at 8:00, goes for a run, and makes a smoothie. Instead, I am the girl that wakes up for class 30 minutes before it starts. Rush to brush my teeth, my hair, and grab my computer. I go to my classes for the day and can’t find the energy to make it to the gym. I then end up in the bed watching Netflix for the remainder of the day. It became a lifestyle that I was not happy leading.

With "Freshman 15" in everyone’s mind, we have to take care of our bodies. Exercising to loose weight quickly became the last reason I was prioritizing exercise. Exercising became about improving my overall mental health and mood, which is so important to girls our age. This emphasis is so underrated, but I am here to change that! I had been so frustrated with the stress of classes and upset over friends coming in an out of my life. I needed an outlet, and that outlet quickly became the relief that came from taking care of my body.  

How do we break the college cycle? The not having any time to work out?

RN Central provides college students with a good number of tips:

1. Learn the proper portion size:  keep track of how much you're eating

2. Change up your meals: don't stick to the same meal everyday, change your meals and better your nutrition.

3. Eat Breakfast: make sure to start the day off on the right foot.

4. Keep healthy snacks around: Especially if you’re in classes all day, plan and then pack!

5. Drink Moderately: Quick Tip, no one really knows what’s in that solo cup!

6. Don’t fight stress by eating: instead try a quick trip to the gym!

7. Drink Water: instead of alcohol! Always remember to bring water to class

8. Ride your bike to class: instead of driving!

9. Play a sport: get involved and get active

10. Take advantage of your colleges fitness classes/courses: can’t stress this enough. If yoga is a class, take it!

11. Take advantage of your colleges gym: it’s a free membership and you’re already on campus

12. Find a friend

13. Take a nap: reboosting your energy just might help you make it to the gym

14. Don’t study in bed: working in bed makes it harder to sleep. Separate your work space from the sleep space.
15. Stick to a schedule!


There are plenty of videos online that help motivate you as a student to get to the gym. Heres an example: 














If Buzzfeed wrote an article on why we should stay healthy -  were legally obligated to do it as college students. 

Get active, take advantage of anything that could release endorphins, make the time for it! You can do it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment